In response to the press release from County Judge Rob Kelly on September 17th and his encouragement to continue safe health practices as the mandatory mask order has been exempted in Kerr County, I have met with our Hunt UMC Health Advisory Team today to discuss our health and safe gathering protocols.The following is a brief summary:
1. Worship gatherings on Sundays at 8:30 and 11:00 am will continue to practice safe distance seating, use of hand sanitizer, individual face coverings for entry and exit, contact surface cleaning between service times, and Monday morning spray cleaning of the facility.
2. Sunday School classes, Bible Study groups and Spiritual Formation groups will be required to submit a plan for use of the church facilities before restarting their groups. These groups are considered part of "church activities." Similar practices as used in Sunday worship will be required (see item 1). Contact Pastor Paul Harris at the church office for details.
3. Hunt UMC Church Council is in process of deliberating next steps for "non-church activity" group gatherings at Hunt UMC.
As the press release from Judge Kelly outlines, the mask exemption is good as long as the active case count remains below 20 in Kerr County. Let us all do our part to stay safe and keep our community safe in the days to come.
Many thanks and blessings for your week!
2. Help us notify others in our faith community of this news, especially those in your small groups who may not monitor email.
3. Alert the Church Office staff by telephone (830) 238-4360. Let us know how we can continue to be of service and help us keep each other safe.
4. Watch for email newsletter.
5. Monitor Hunt UMC webpage at www.huntumc.org
6. Reach the pastor at email: email@example.com
CARE FOR ONE ANOTHER
BUILD COMMUNITY IN NEW WAYS
Rev. Paul Harris,Pastor, Hunt UMC